Sourcing and Procurement Specialist APPLY NOW
We are looking for a highly motivated sourcing specialist to assist Ozarke in creating strong relationships with suppliers and maintaining the existing ones. The sourcing specialist’s responsibilities include sourcing goods, materials, and services at competitive prices and advising upper-level staff members on which suppliers to contract with. You should be able to maintain and update the supplier database and find alternative suppliers if the existing ones are unable to meet their obligations.
To be a successful sourcing specialist, you should be able to work with the relevant departments to ensure that costs remain within budget. A high-performing sourcing specialist should be able to develop and implement innovative ideas to enhance sourcing strategies.
Sourcing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Sourcing suppliers and maintaining long-lasting relationships with them as well as existing suppliers.
- Implementing inventory optimization strategies within the company.
- Obtaining quotes from different suppliers.
- Negotiating price, quantity, and delivery schedules with suppliers.
- Working with legal counsel to ensure that all contracts relating to product procurement contain all details of the negotiation.
- Assessing quotes and compiling a detailed assessment of cost breakdowns.
- Generating quote comparisons and contributing to internal supplier selection based on the quotes.
- Providing solutions to improve company spending and outsourcing.
Sourcing Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, logistics, supply chain or related field preferred but not required.
- Proven experience in sourcing processes.
- Proficiency in microsoft word, powerpoint, excel, and outlook.
- A thorough understanding of sourcing methodologies.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Sound time-management and organizational skills.